It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! My absolute favourite time of year. Last year, I had only moved into my condo exactly one year ago tomorrow so I didn’t end up decorating my place for Christmas until into December. I remember thinking as I was taking it all down in January, I did not get to enjoy those decorations long enough. So this year I decided to put them up early. Since my condo feels like Christmas, my whole life does. And really, what puts you in a better mood than everything Christmas?! Realizing that life truly is magical no matter what the bad or the good going on in this very moment is.
1. Christmas condo – As all of you know, I love to decorate. Anything and everything to do with style, I love. So this year I went all out on the condo, even adding more things than I had last year. If you’re looking for Christmas decorations, look everywhere. If you buy everything from HomeSense, your house will look like a HomeSense explosion. Not to say that they don’t have amazing things, but take a look a Michaels and Bouclair, Pier1, Pottery Barn. Go outside of your comfort zone. That’s when the magic happens.
2. Red Cups @ Sbux – Nothing puts you in the Christmas mood better than ordering a delicious latte from Starbucks, and getting the famous red cup. I don’t know how they do it, but from one simple red cup they put a whole lot of smiles of basic white bitches faces.
3. Homemade Granola – I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, nothing makes Greek yogurt and fruit better than adding homemade granola to the mix.
4. New Clothes – I know you all judge me for buying way too many new clothes, but sometimes you just gotta do it. Who wants to wear 5 year old clothes that are so ratty and out of style? I went to Sherway gardens last weekend and it was so nice to go into stores I don’t normally shop in, and to put myself out there and get new styles. Plus, it’s Christmas time pick out new clothes and add them to your list. (Lululemon even has free shipping, you can sit on your couch and order new clothes from there!)
5. These two – Not much explaining needed here, these two are just my absolute favourite things.
There we have it, five of my favourite things right now. Get out there and start enjoying the Christmas season. Whether it’s shopping, Starbucks, parades…whatever it is, take it all in because January will be here before we know it.
– tal xo