So I figured seeing as I was at one of the most amazing weddings…ever…that I have no choice but to blog about it. Let me just start by saying I am so not a wedding person. Although yes I am a girl, and yes I am also high maintenance (which generally are the very two qualities that define someone who wants and dreams of an over the top wedding one day) I am not one of those people. I love going to weddings, but one of my own…just not sure about that yet.
This wedding on Saturday was for my cousin who I have grown up with since we were babies. We are just a few months apart and lived about 25 seconds away from each other. Here are a few things that made this wedding perfect.
- The weather was amazing. Sunny, hot and beautiful.
- The location was stunning. Who wouldn’t want to get married outside at a beautiful mill?
- They had personalized beer kozy’s, come on how cool is that?
- They had busses to pick everyone up and drive everyone home. A-mazing.
- Their late night snack…was a pizza truck. A pizza truck!!! Seriously how cool! Hungry? Just walk two seconds that way and get a free pizza of your choice (they even had gluten free!!).
- The crowd was a group of fantastic, fun great people. Who were there to party.
- There was a live band.
- Speeches were during dinner. I’m telling you, if you’re planning a wedding…DO THIS. “I loved listening to 2 hours of speeches after dinner while patiently waiting for the dance to start.” – said no one ever.
- There was bug spray and heaters ready if needed. If you have freezing cold guests, they will go home. And who wants that? (Luckily it was a beautiful night and they weren’t needed.)
- It had an open bar. Obviously this is key in creating a fun, party atmosphere.
“Now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Greatest Story no one on earth has ever read, which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.” C.S. Lewis
– tal xo