Eggs, otherwise known as natures multivitamin. Oh how I love eggs. For breakfast, for a snack, even for dinner.
But, there’s a certain type of egg that just blows all other eggs out of the park. Fresh, local eggs. They just don’t compare to grocery store eggs. The flavour is so amazing. If you live in a small town, or in the country I can almost guarantee that somewhere close sells local eggs. A mom of a child in my class brought me a carton of eggs from her very own chickens (I know I’ve mentioned loving the kids I work with, but have I told you how amazing some of the parents are too?!) and I was so excited. I went home and made them for breakfast the very next morning. YUM.
The best part about this amazingly healthy food, it’s cheap! Eggs are one of the most inexpensive ways to get so many health benefits. Here are just a few:
1. Whole Eggs Are Among The Most Nutritious Foods on Earth
2. Eggs Improve Your Cholesterol Profile and do NOT Raise Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
3. Eggs Are Loaded With Choline, an Important Nutrient For The Brain
4. Eggs Contain High Quality Proteins With a Perfect Amino Acid Profile
5. Eggs Are Loaded With Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Which Protect The Eyes
6. Eggs For Breakfast Can Help You Lose Body Fat
Tell me this doesn’t want to make you eat more eggs? Ah-mazing. And the best part of it all, eggs taste great!!!
My favourite way to eat an egg is poached, this is also the healthiest. Two poached eggs on a rice cake is my go to breakfast. But a few other options, fry two eggs in coconut oil and ground fresh pepper on top, eat with a piece of gluten free toast. Boil eggs and bring them to work, perfect snack to fill you up. Or of course, an omelet which you can stuff full of goodness such as peppers, onions, kale. Now, go find some local eggs, buy them and make an amazing breakfast. Happy Hump Day…I mean Wednesday!
“The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It’s about what you’re made of. Not the circumstances.”
– tal xo